The Benefits of VMware Virtualisation
There are 3 reasons why any organisation, irrespective of size, would transition their infrastucture over to a virtualised environment; they are:
- To increase the efficiency of existing hardware that is currently being underutilised.
- To ensure high levels of availability for the services and applications that are critical to your company.
- To lower the cost of your IT overheads.
Typical server architecture has always been a server room filled with x86 based servers that are operating at between 10% to 15% of their capability; this is clearly wasteful where no machine is being utilised to their full potential. VMware addresses this by allocating these resources in a much more efficient way, allowing multiple operating systems and applications to reside on one server, but logically split into numerous self contained virtual machines.
These virtual machines are assigned resources and act as individual servers, so if one virtual machine goes down, the rest of them remain unaffected. Better yet, the automated methods employed using virtualisation mean that if a virtual machine does have problems, those problems are resolved swiftly thanks to automated VM restarts to guarantee high levels of availability and reduced downtime.
Compared to the traditional x86 standalone server architecture, virtualisation can help to significantly reduce the amount of time and money you spend on maintaining your IT infrastructure. When it comes to deploying new applications, or applying updates en masse to all your client machines, or even just reducing your carbon footprint by consolidating your room of power hungry and wastful servers down to just a couple of servers that are actually being utilised efficiently, virtualising your environment with VMware can reduce the costs associated with your IT deparment, which effectively translates to more money you can plough into more profitable areas of your business.
If you could streamline your business in a way that uses your existing IT infrastructure, but makes much more effective use of it, whilst ensuring minimal downtime and improved availability for your core applications, and also reducing deployment time and the complexity of maintaining the clients and servers on your network, and this can all be done by using virtualisation through VMware, wouldn't you be interested? See how VMware can reduce your overheads and boost productivity by speaking to one of our VMware advisors on 0208 557 1227 today.
Did you know ...
- Globally there are over 59,000 VMware certified professionals; Miragetek are a registered VMware Solution Provider capable of transitioning your existing IT infrastructure over to a virtualised environment."
- Channel partners have played a big part in the VMware success story; over 50,000 companies, including resellers, distributors and tier 1 manufacturers have helped in spreading the virtualisation message."
- There are now over 2,200 technology partners involved in making VMware a success, spanning across the most popular hardware vendors and software companies."
- In 2007, their revenue was $1.3 billion. In 2008 it was $1.8 billion. In 2009 it was $2 billion. In 2010 it was $2.9 billion. In 2011 it was $3.7 billion. VMware is a company that's still growing, and their technology is now being adopted at a faster rate than ever before."